Foxey Designs Office Makeover


For my Christmas and birthday present this year Will gave my office a much needed makeover made completely out of 2 by 2s and reclaimed pallet wood.

It was so fun helping with the design and figuring out ways to maximize the small space in our loft. The loft has a very low ceiling on one side which made for a very cramped working space.

The before picture of my work space on the left side of the loft.
My desk was on the left side of the loft and my wardrobe and storage closet were on the other side...

Before picture of the right side of the loft. You can see the kitchen below.
The first step was ripping out all of the old, discolored, floral printed tile and replacing it with a more natural looking self stick vinyl tile. I actually did most of this part. Will did the really difficult cuts.

The old floor tile was so brittle that it would break into pieces when I tried to remove it. That was a long process.


A few friends gave Will pallets to use for the office. Will said the hardest part about the makeover was milling the pallet wood to a usable state.


Will started by framing the desk with 2 by 2s. 


Will took the old keyboard pull out from my old computer desk and installed it in the new desk.



The left side.
After completing the left side, Will began to frame the other side of the desk.



Right side completed.
I LOVE my new office! Thank you Will!!!

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.