Duck hunting with Will

Stout catching the shell... when he should be catching a duck.
My husband, Will, is a hunter which is a bit ironic to me because I have always toyed with the idea of becoming a vegetarian. Needless to say, I'm not a vegetarian now. Will makes some killer duck poppers! You can find the recipe at the bottom of this post.



If I am going to continue to eat meat, I would rather it be raised wild and free than the other not so pleasant option.


Enough of my philosophy on meat. Last January, I went with Will on one of the last days of duck season. It was fun following him around taking photos and enjoying the beauty of Bridgeport valley.



Hardcore photographer haha
Will and Stout dog
Will's Duck Popper Recipe:

Cut duck breasts into strips (1/2 inch by the width of the breast or cut diagonally depending on the size of the duck). Depending on your pepper preference, you can use anything from a bell pepper to a habanero. Slice your peppers to be about the same size as the duck strips.

Put a dab of cream cheese on your pepper and put that on the duck strip with the cream cheese side down. Wrap it with thick cut bacon. Stick a toothpick through it to hold it together or a skewer to do multiples.

Then choose your marinade. You can use anything from BBQ sauce to Italian dressing. Will likes making his own with minced garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, chili flake, cayenne pepper and cumin.

Marinate for 6-24 hours.

Throw it on the grill on medium/ high heat until the bacon is crispy and done.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.