Cameron Canyon


In September 2013 I followed Will around Cameron Canyon while he hunted for grouse. We didn't find the type he was looking for but we had an enjoyable saunter among the changing foliage (Will was sitting next to me as I was writing this sentence but now he is walking away while shaking his head- I guess he doesn't appreciate my descriptive language) haha.

Anyway, Cameron Canyon is about 15 miles from Bridgeport. On the drive up to Cameron Canyon we saw sage grouse.

Sage grouse
There are three types of grouse that live in the Eastern Sierra. Will has seen Sage grouse and Blue grouse (Sooty grouse) while hunting but no Ruffed grouse. He was looking for Blue grouse that day. Blue grouse live in trees and are difficult to find.






Blue grouse feathers



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.