A day on Bridgeport Reservoir

Kara, her perch, and her sidekick, Foxey.
Just a few days earlier it had been snowing in the Sierras but last Sunday was sunny with a cool breeze- the perfect weather for fishing and hanging out on the pontoon boat.

While on a run I was thinking about what I was going to write about in this post. As I was brain-storming and thinking about the day, it became apparent to me how different I am from my middle sister, Kara.

Kara joined Will and I on the boat last weekend. At first glance, Kara may appear to be a petite, delicate little blonde (especially when sandwiched between her younger sister and I) but she didn't get the nickname "Kara Bad-A Sopp" without merit. Kara is probably the most daring out of the three of us sisters. Yes, I love hiking and back-packing and pushing myself physically but Kara lives a bit more on the edge. If it appears be dangerous, count me out, but Kara would most likely join you.

Left to right: Kara, Brenna (youngest), me
Kara has many interests which include mountain biking, skiing, back-packing (with a pack that looks huge compared to her 5'4" build- all I can see are her calves when I hike behind her), and fishing to name a few. She currently lives in Mammoth and enjoys snowboarding there. She has hiked up the Hemlocks multiple times and snowboarded both down the face and along the ridge. I, on the other hand, would probably cry while going up the ski lift.

Kara was queen of the pontoon last Sunday. She caught three trout and two perch. One of the perch was 2.5 pounds.


Foxey and Sierra enjoyed the pontoon. Enthralled by the pelicans, grebes, and fish, Foxey didn't miss a thing.


While Will, Kara, and Foxey were all about fishing, I enjoyed taking photos, napping with Sierra, and tanning while sipping Sangria.


Ok, Kara did help me with the Sangria. photo by Kara Sopp 
Sierra has the right idea.

Will has a tattoo on the back of his shoulder of a smaller fish going after a medium fish chasing a larger fish. Just like the tattoo on Will's arm it's not the size of the fish, it is the fight of it. Sometimes the smallest fish has the biggest fight. To me, Kara is a fitting example of why we should never judge a book by it's cover.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.