Lovely Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins


When I mention whole wheat to some people, they immediately cringe and want nothing to do with the baked goodie offered. To some, whole wheat is a synonym for "grainy and dried out".
Well, I'm here to try and change that misconception! haha. I like baking with whole wheat flour, in fact that's the only kind of flour I have in my pantry.

Lately I've been working on perfecting my whole wheat blueberry muffins and I think they are approaching perfection. Here's the recipe but please note that I'm baking at altitude...


makes 12 muffins I usually fill the cups extra full to get a nice muffin top! (the best part!!!) So sometimes I don't always get 12 muffins out of it.

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
a couple splashes of vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter
zest from 1 small lemon
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (I like them extra blueberry-y!)

In a mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, melted butter, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly stir in flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in blueberries.
Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake in 375 oven about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Let me know if you try it! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try these. Just picked up a large container of organic blueberries yesterday from Costco. I love whole wheat flour, and other whole grain flours.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.